UPM Biocomposites consists of UPM Formi granulates for injection moulding, extrusion and 3D printing and UPM ProFi outdoor products for construction. UPM Formi and UPM ProFi composites combine the best characteristics of natural fibres and plastic. Their principle ingredients are cellulose fibres and polymers, which are either virgin or recycled.
UPM Biocomposites in figures
UPM Biocomposite products:
- UPM’s biocomposites combine natural fibres and plastic.
- The main applications for UPM Formi are injection moulding and 3D filaments.
- UPM Formi composite can be used to replace plastic in many applications, from furniture to consumer electronics. UPM Formi is manufactured from fibre and plastics. Around half of the oil-based plastic is replaced with cellulose fibres in the biocomposite.
- UPM ProFi products are used for decking and other outdoor end uses. The UPM ProFi decking products give outdoor living a fresh and modern feel.
- UPM ProFi composite deckings are designed and manufactured in Finland, Germany and the United States.
Learn more about UPM Biocomposites
UPM Formi is manufactured from clean polymers and certified pulp. Main raw material for UPM ProFi is recycled paper and plastic which is manufacturing surplus from UPM's self-adhesive label materials production.
Innovative material engineering of the raw materials enables new level of composite performance. Both environmentally sustainable materials are based on UPM's own research and development.
UPM Biocomposites business develops, manufactures, markets, and sells high-quality composite products for outdoor end uses in construction and granulates for wide range of industrial and consumer applications. UPM Biocomposites factories are located in Finland and Germany.